Whenever residents and business owners need reliable contractors providing cost-efficient and high-quality roof replacement in Phoenix, AZ, they contact our project planners at Pinnacle Roofing. Our roof replacement experts have decades of combined experience working with every type of roofing material and meeting residential and commercial building codes. We give all clients a five-star satisfaction guarantee on top of an extensive manufacturer warranty for their brand-new steel, shingle, and shake roofs.
Every year, we entertain numerous questions from clients about how long it takes to replace a roof, how much materials costs, and what circumstances call for replacement instead of roof repair. In this article, our licensed technicians will outline the average costs of labor, mainstream materials, and cleanup.
When Do You Need a Roof Replacement?
A roof replacement can become a complex and costly project, and you should know when you need one instead of opting for repairs. Roofing materials have different average lifespans, and our technicians recommend reviewing roof replacement and installation records to check the remaining mileage on your roof before purchasing a second-hand property. Let’s examine the typical lifespans of roofs in Phoenix, AZ:
- Asphalt roll roofs have a lifespan between 5 and 10 years
- Built-up roofs, or BUR, can last for 20 to 30 years
- Well-maintained wood shake and shingle roofs can last between 25 and 40 years
- Standing-seam metal roofs last between 30 and 50 years
- Clay or cement shingle roofs last between 50 and 100 years
- Slate roofs last more than 100 years with proper maintenance
If you notice exterior damage after an adverse weather event, you might get away with shingle replacement or minor repairs. However, when your ceilings sag, you can see daylight piercing through your attic, or you can spot visible damage on your chimney flashing, it might be time to consider a new roof. Our technicians recommend getting an inspection from roofing professionals before going to the next step.
Finding a Reliable Contractor
We recommend finding a reliable contractor for roof replacement, as going DIY might create removal, installation, and waste disposal issues. Contractors like Pinnacle Roofing will help you achieve your design goals, meet building codes, and eliminate construction waste without causing problems for you and your neighbors.
A good contractor will do the following things for you:
- Inform and follow applicable building codes and industry standards
- Provide license information, client references, and proof of insurance
- Give you free consultations and written estimates
- Never asks for a 100% upfront payment
How Long Does Roof Replacement Take?
A good contractor will offer you a roof replacement timeline. Factors like square footage, roof type, shape, and slope might extend or shorten average replacement times. Also, top-rated contractors might be busy serving other clients during peak seasons, such as autumn, when everyone begins preparing for winter, so factor that into your schedule.
Our roofing technicians usually require the following allowances for roof replacement:
- Metal roofs take at least two days to replace
- Asphalt shingles require one or two days
- Slate roofs feature heavy materials, requiring a 6 to 7-day installation timeline
- Concrete tiles require building additional support structures, often necessitating nine days of replacement time
- Wood shake requires three to four days
Your Roof Replacement Process
Choosing Your Roofing Materials
When a contractor learns about your prospective schedule, design goals, and structural requirements, they will offer you a selection of roofing materials that best suit your needs. Consider the most in-demand roof replacement materials in Phoenix:
- Asphalt shingles rank as the most popular roofing material in the United States, and contractors can install them in different color schemes with a lifetime cosmetic and structural warranty.
- Wood shakes give homes and business structures a rustic appeal but are vulnerable to fires and cracking from hurricanes.
- Metal is the leading choice for industrial structures because of its long-lasting, fireproof, and energy-efficient qualities.
- Slate makes a highly durable, beautiful, and fire-resistant choice but is also heavy and forms a patina over time.
- Clay tile roofs give residential and commercial buildings a red sheen that reminds onlookers of Spanish-style structures from the colonial era.
Removing Your Previous Roof
Our project planners will create a timeline, budget, and work schedule for our technicians, all detailed in our contracts. When you give us the green light, we will remove your previous roofing and decking materials with state-of-the-art tools.
Our shingle removal tools allow our technicians to remove thousands of square feet of asphalt shingles in one day. We use pry bars and drills to remove metal roofs fast. Our disposal team waits nearby to gather waste materials and transfer them to the appropriate facilities.
Preparing and Installing Your New Roof
Our team might need to install new support structures to hold your new roof in place. We will install a drip edge and underlayment, which include rust and water-resistant materials that protect the wood and concrete framework under your roof.
We will place starter shingles from the bottom and sides of your roof, working up to the top. If you want a metal roof, we will install new panels, row by row.
Cleanup and Inspection
After we finish installation, we will sanitize gutters and downspouts and clear out the debris on the tarps in your yard. We will also walk you through a visual inspection of your new roof to ensure we meet your expectations.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about roof replacement in Phoenix, AZ, call Pinnacle Roofing at (623) 471-7096 and get a free consultation from licensed technicians.